New Creation United Church of Christ
Simple Quilts Volunteers
140 SQs were delivered to Easton Area Middle School this past Monday (2/8/16) for distribution to children from Cheston, Paxinosa, March, and EAMS along with a backpack full of food before this Presidents' Day Weekend. Hopefully, there are 140 children right now wrapped up in Love with full bellies and happy hearts. Oh, to be a fly on the wall...
- That's awesome!
- That is amazing!
- I talked to a girl at EAMS- she yelled down the hall to come look in her bag! I didn't know what was going on! Thank you to all involved for doing this.
- Such a great program ~ this is just one of many accomplishments Simple Quilts has !!
- Fantastic, thank you for all your hard work.
- That's wonderful. I thank everyone involved in this project.
- Wonderful program.
- Beautiful gesture
- That's beautiful!!
- How wonderful
- I volunteer at the Lincs in Wilson and we have received some of these quilts...I would like to thank you ladies for all the time you have put into making these quilts.
- What a beautiful thing to do
- My child loves hers, thank you very much.
- Thank you for your wonderful gift to people!
- Really makes me happy when I think of the children this helps
Dates & Announcements
Simple Quilts: Recycled Comfort for Those in Need
All are welcome!
We are driven by volunteers, donations, and LOVE to create simple, knotted quilts in an "assembly line" process. We recycle blankets, mattress pads, bed skirts, sheets, dyed sheets, pillowcases, upholstery fabric and cotton fabrics into warm works of "heart". Some jobs require simple machine sewing (machines provided!) and others require no sewing at all! We'll show you how to do it... give it a try!
☞ Simple Quilts News ☜
Our "Quilt-a-thon for the Homeless" was held at New Creation UCC on November 7, 2015 where 68 volunteers gave up their Saturday to work together and complete 253 full size, warm "simple" quilts created from 100% recycled materials. This was done in less than 7 hours. Love and laughter filled the rooms as men, women, & youth joyfully worked together to help those less fortunate.
ALL of these quilts were distributed to agencies that can get them to the people in need before the worst of winter hits:
30 contributed to Safe Harbor in Easton, PA.
30 contributed to Cornerstone Church's Riverside Ministries in Easton PA.
30 contributed to Victory House in Bethlehem, PA.
30 contributed to Hope for Veterans in Allentown, PA.
42 contributed to Moravian Open Door in New York, NY.
91 contributed to Appalachia to Abundant Life Ministries in Bishop, W. VA.